Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Z For Zachariah Book

I love going to flea markets. My daughter and I went to one yesterday and I found 2 books that I had been wanting. It made my day!
I found this book, Z for Zachariah, which is about Ann Burden who is sixteen years old and completely alone. The world as she once knew it is gone, ravaged by a nuclear war that has taken everyone from her. For the past year, she has lived in a remote valley with no evidence of any other survivors.

But the smoke from a distant campfire shatters Ann's solitude. Someone else is still alive and making his way toward the valley. Who is this man? What does he want? Can he be trusted? Both excited and terrified, Ann soon realizes there may be worse things than being the last person on Earth.

Pretty amazing book considering it was written in 1974. Recently , a movie was made of it , Z For Zachariah. I plan on watching it later this week. Too busy now.

The 2nd book that I got at the flea market was one that my son and I both had been wanting to read. The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus. I am going to read it after I read the other one. Kind of waiting til it gets colder and can;t get outside. Too nice lately to be stuck inside reading. But, this Z book is so good sounding I might take it to the park with me when I take my Little Man there. Let him play while I read. 

2 comments:

Mareka Huitt said...

The Hot Zone is great. You should check out his other books, all really good.

Bloggers said...

Wow! His other books do look great! Added to my wish list on amazon!






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)