Ads 468x60px

Monday, December 14, 2015

Cool Store A Winter's Worth Of Produce

You can store a winter's worth of yummy produce in the cool corners of your homestead. Like, in a basement etc. Or a root cellar if you have one.

Here is a list of some produce that will store for up to 2 months in cool storage ~

  • Apples
  • Dry beans
  • Beets
  • Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Leek
  • Onion
  • Parsnip
  • Pears
  • Potatoes
  • Pumpkin
  • Shallot
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Turnips
  • Winter Squash
There are many ways to cool store produce, one is found in this post about how Store Your Taters.

Storing them is a great way to have fresh produce all winter and a great way to save money at the grocery store.



 

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)