Ads 468x60px

Monday, September 15, 2014

Getting Ready For Winter

By now everyone has probably seen the Farmer's Almanac prediction for this upcoming winter. For us, in Indiana, it is supposed to be like last winter if not worse. So we are getting winter ready sooner. 
Hubby bought a freezer for us to fill up for one thing. Last winter our drive was frozen and I couldn't move our car for about a month. So, hubby wanted that filled up for winter. We have someone coming sometime this week with a load of gravel to redo our driveway. That should help a lot! Pretty sure that is why it was hard to get out of the drive last winter. No gravel for traction and the snow just froze solid on our hill.
We have started sealing the bottom of the house with plastic. We got the back of the house done yesterday and around the back deck. It doesn't look the best , but if it keeps the floor from being so cold that will help a lot. I have extra plastic to do our windows and back door with, but I will wait another month or so to do those. It has been so nice last week that I want to be able to open windows.
 We also re-potted all of our flowers and trees. I found out the painful way that lemon trees have horrible thorns!


WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO GET WINTER READY????

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)