Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Some Ways To Save At The Grocery Store

Just takes some strategy and organizing to find ways to save at the grocery store.

1. Bulk buying is a great way to stock up on things that you use a lot.  Purchase them when they are on sale. You get more items and it will carry you longer.

2.  Eliminate all non-nutritious foods, like soda, candy, junk food. Saves you a lot of money and is healthy for your family. We cut out soda in our house a year ago and don't miss it at all. I had some bad headaches when I stopped drinking coke, but it only lasted about a week. Now I feel better and it has saved a lot of money.

3. Eliminate any convenience type food. Single serve pudding cups etc.

4.  Choose the less expensive alternative. Generic brands are just as good as other brands and save you money.

5.  Buy marked down items. The deli in our local store always has bread, cookies, pies, etc marked down. Fill the freezer.

6.  Compare boxes for portion sizes and per portion cost. Etc

7. Prepare all of your meal from scratch. It doesn't take too much more time. Saves money and is better for the family.

8.  Eat more casseroles, soups, etc.

9.  Have a couple of meatless meals a week.

10. Waste nothing.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)