Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stocking Up The Freezer?

Every single time that we go to the grocery store , my hubby wants to buy stuff to fill up the freezer. I want food in the house also, but I try to explain to him that if there is an emergency that there most likely be no power. He was on the road when we had the wind storm of 2008, so he does not really understand how bad it got in just 3 days of no power. We had hardly no canned food and our FULL FREEZER was lost. With no power I was not able to cook much. I just had my small alcohol stove. It was so windy we could not use the grill. Heck, we even lost our roof.
So, I really think that we should use our freezer for just stuff that will get used that week, Maybe only have about 3 days worth of food in there. But, I have been focused more on stocking up on canned food and stuff like that ever since that wind storm. I am thankful every day that happened to us - Gave us a wake up call.



Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)