Finding Your Way After SHTF | Prepared For Survival - Food Storage & Preparedness

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Finding Your Way After SHTF

 

After SHTF You have to be able to find your way around with out GPS, Cell Phones, Etc. I like to have road maps in my vehicles at all times. You never know what might happen. We drove to Canada last summer and my cell phone stopped working! I was so glad that I had thought ahead of time and had printed out maps for several places we thought that we would go. 

You can easily get free road maps by going to states websites and requesting a free tourist guide. They usually send road maps with them. I have gotten road maps for every state this way. They send vacation guides , too. Have found some fun things to do with them. But, the road maps have been the best. I have mine in a small box right now, but I am wanting to get a plastic tote to put them in to keep them dry. 

Having topographic maps can be helpful. Try to find as many type of maps that you can. I have several types for Indiana. Ones that show all of the waterways. That I thought might come in handy.

Being able to get around and know where you are going in an emergency could safe your life. A good compass will help you, also. You might not have a map or just not be able to get to them to use so have a good compass that you can wear around your neck.

 If you think ahead now , then when SHTF or there is an emergency you will be able to get around easily .

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)