Imagine walking out to your backyard or sunny patio and picking your own Plump Juicy tomatoes and crisp lettuce for a healthy salad. It just puts you at peace, knowing how it was grown and that it is fresh and healthy. I often plan the menu depending on what’s ready to harvest. Eating this way is so much easier than menu planning and grocery shopping all the time. There are so many reasons to grow your own foods organically and you don’t need to spend a fortune to do so. You can start as big or small as you like. Do you like BLTs with sweet tomatoes and crisp lettuce? Grow a tomato plant with some lettuce planted at its base. Who doesn’t love Spaghetti? You could even make your own Spaghetti sauce. Do you like fresh crisp Lettuce on your burger? Do you use Green Onions? Grow them both in a small pot on a sunny windowsill. This book covers everything you need to know to grow your own vegetables easily and inexpensively.
In this book you will learn:
- Some of the top reasons to grow your own foods
- Where to get seeds and plants for far less than the stores
- How to easily grow, companion plant, harvest, store and collect seeds from 14 of the most popular vegetables
- Which of these can be regrown from Grocery store produce and seed
- How to make 3 basic potting soils yourself that are far better than the name brands
- How to grow and use your own mulches, even in pots!
- How to make 6 of your own fertilizers with things you most likely already have
- which vegetables can be container grown and what size container is needed for best growth
- How to make your own trellis’s, plantable seed starting pots, cloches etc…from things you have around the house or can purchase inexpensively from the hardware store.