Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Potato Noodles

I was given this recipe by a neighbor and it is really easy, frugal, and good.  I used a kind of gravy over ours that had mushrooms in it.

1 pound potatoes, diced

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 beaten egg

1 tablespoon milk

Salt and pepper

Boil the diced potatoes until they are cooked through.  Drain them well. Mash them up until they are smooth and then beat in the flour, egg, and milk.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Mix together to a stiff paste.

Lightly flour a flat surface. Roll out the paste to form a thin sausage roll shape.  Cut it into 1 inch lengths.  Drop the dough pieces into a pot of boiling water and cook a few minutes in it. They will float to the top when cooked. 

Very essy to make.  A great way to make a frugal meal.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)