Ads 468x60px

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Try Out Survival Skills & Items Before You Actually Need Them

I received a Bemco Backpacker Oven a while back to review and loved it so much. I am using those Sterno heater things in it right now and cannot find them anywhere in my small town and it is about 50 miles one way to get to somewhere that would have them for sale. Well, we were at the Dollar Tree the other day and I usually stay away from the party decor aisle. I just never need that stuff. Little Man seen a balloon and went running, I chased after him and way back in the corner were some of these Fancy Heat things. They look like Sterno heaters , but when you take off the lid they actually have a wick. $1.00 for them so I bought 2 of them to try out. I am trying one out now in my backpacker oven to see how good they work. So far, it is heating up good. It says on the label that is should heat for 2 hours. Plenty enough time to cook something up in the oven. The corn bread is in the oven now and it really seems to me that these are going to work. I will be going back to Dollar Tree and getting some more of these to cook with. Great to know that they work really well and are only $1.00!!





2 comments:

Patrick said...

There is actually very little fuel in each can, so if you get a big syringe of some sort, you can suck the fuel out of several, and put it all in one can.

Bloggers said...

oh cool! That is good to know. Thank you!






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)