Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Ultimate Dandelion Cookbook

The Ultimate Dandelion Cookbook was a free book for your Kindle when I wrote this post.

Perfect cookbook for this time of year!!

~~FREE Food from the yard~~

148 dandelion recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even dessert!

What would you think if someone told you one of the world’s most nutritious foods was also tasty, could be cooked many different ways, was easy to find, and was totally free? I know what I’d do: I’d run out and grab some! Well, the good news is, there is such a food: Dandelions. Yes, those pesky weeds with bright yellow flowers you’ve grown up thinking are the enemy of perfect lawns is actually food – brought to North America by immigrants who knew how valuable they are.

Every part of the dandelion is edible. Dandelion greens recipes are common throughout Europe and often used in salad, quiche, lasagna and other pasta dishes, and many other familiar and less-familiar dishes. The honey-like flowers are a healthy and tasty addition to bread, omelets, pancakes, tea, and more – plus they make delectable jelly and wine. The buds are often pickled or added to stir frys and other dishes. The stems can be eaten like noodles. And the roots add coffee flavor to everything from ice cream and cakes to drinks.

The Ultimate Dandelion Cookbook offers 148 recipes, plus expert advice and tips, for cooking all parts of the dandelion – one of nature’s best free foods.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)