Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Plan Your Garden Now!

It is finally getting to be that time of year again. Time to be able to start our gardens! My favorite thing to do when it gets warm. I have been thinking about it all winter. I have my seeds laid out and already have it planned on what is going where.

You should start small if this is your first garden. It is easy to get overwhelmed. Gardens do take a bit of work. I started out with just a small patch of tomatoes in my front yard. Now I am going to have a few different patches in my yard. Plant what your family and friends will eat. You don't want to waste your time and money planting a bunch of stuff that no one will even use and then it goes to waste.

Choose your location! Pick a nice and sunny patch in your yard that is away from trees and shrubs. They can steal any nutrients out of the soil that you want your veggies to be getting. If your patch gets at least 6 hours of sunlight a day than your garden should do great.


3 comments:

Paige said...

I have a question (love your blog BTW!). Can I plant my veggies in regular dirt and not have to do a pH test and all of that?? I don't think it would hurt anything. DH says its not a good idea :-(

Unknown said...

To converse the reality this is a good post concerning this topic. I got an uncontaminated solution from here. Also I can refer to you all resources here to get educational helps. But will wait for more posts from the blogger. Thanks a lot…….

Bloggers said...

I have never tested anything. Just have my Little Man (he has the green thumb in the family) dig holes and throw seeds in. Never had any problems. Everything he has ever planted has grown great. Almost too good. Can't get rid of the dang tomatoes. I can them zombie tomatoes. Pull them out and thy come right back. from seed too. crazy.






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)