Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 18, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Baked Goulash

I love ground beef recipes because they are so easy to change into using my freeze dried tvp or freeze dried ground beef. It really helps a lot. Eat good and not spend a lot of money. Meat prices in my small town are going sky-high. Not sure why , but they have doubled in just the last 2 weeks. Which is really sad. This is a poor town that I live in. But, if you have easy recipes that can be made with very little , it helps a lot.

Baked Goulash

1-1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef (I made this last night and I used my freeze dried ground beef!!)

1/2 pound sliced mushrooms

1 small onion, chopped

1 tablespoon chopped garlic

1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni

1/2 cup water

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

In a large skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, onion, and chopped garlic over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid then add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.

Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.

Read more at Mrfood.com is where I got this recipe from. There are a lot of great recipes over there that can be changed up and altered to use your food storage.

The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster

Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)