Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Add Variety To Your Food Storage

There are many ways to add variety to your food storage. Ways to make it more lively and not boring at all. Ways that do not have to cost a lot of money. It does not have to be too expensive to even have a stockpile of food and items!

Have plenty of seasonings and spices. They are a must have when it comes to cooking really good food and ways to liven up things. Having the right seasoning on hand could be all of the difference between eating good meals and boring meals. Chili powder and taco seasoning are 2 things that I try to add to my food storage every week. I use a lot of it. A good idea is to go through the recipes that you use a lot or think of meals that your family loves and then stock up on those seasonings and spices that you need to make that. Also stockpile the other items.

Keep a huge supply of different flavors of bouillon. You can get them in beef, chicken, ham, and other flavors. Great to cook rice and noodles in and also great addition to soups.

Keep an assortment of condiments in your stockpile also. Soy sauce, ketchup, A-1, mustard, BBQ sauce, and the list goes on. Having these items in your food storage could be a life saver.

Have sweet items in your stockpile. Sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, chocolate chips, etc. Anything you might need to make some cookies or sweets. I always have on hand lots of cinnamon-sugar that I get at the Dollar Tree. My kids love cinnamon toast. They will eat that for a snack and when I am out of the cinnamon sugar they let me know! LOL So, that is one thing that I buy even when we don't need it.

My daughter made me think of this one. She will drink hot chocolate all year around. 110 degrees outside and she will have a mug of hot chocolate in her hand. Have tons of cocoa, breakfast drink mixes, vanilla, syrup, and other items like that. Breakfast drink mixes add well to powdered milk. They make it much more enjoyable to drink. Plus it is very healthy.

Adding variety to your food storage does not have to cost a lot of money and it could be a life saver. Having good tasting food in an emergency will be a great moral booster. Giving your family a satisfying meal in lean times will make everyone feel so much better and make it easier to deal with other things that are going on. Having comfort food will have a calming effect on everyone I would think. Make it easier to sleep knowing that your family is well fed.



The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)