Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Alternate Forms Of Lighting

I really do not like that idea of having to use those nasty CFL lightbulbs. So I am trying to come up with other ways to get light. Some of them are obvious, Candles and oil lamps
. But I also want some other ways to get some light too, that might not be so dangerous in a kids room. I already use some solar lights. I put them out on my back porch during the day in a flower pot to charge up. Then at night I bring them in. They work as great night lights in a kids room. I got some at Dollar Tree a while ago and wish now that I had bought every single one that they had. I had only bought 3 of them to see how well they work, found out they work great and 2 days later went back and they were sold out. :(
I am thinking of getting one of these, Designers Edge L-949 10 LED Rechargeable Solar Panel Shed Light. I could put it in our southern facing kitchen window with the panel outside the window to charge it up. That would work great. I just wonder how much light it puts out.
We also will be doing a lot more things that do not require a lot of lighting. My son bought me one of these for Christmas, Ritelite LPL792XLB 5-LED Computer and Book Light, Metal and it surprisingly works great. So I can sit and read at night and not have to turn on a bright light. It helps too, when others are watching TV or playing the Wii and do not want the lights on. I can read in peace.
I am still trying to think of ways to get alternate forms of lighting. I have a pretty good night light in the bathroom, that already keeps us from having to turn that light on too often. So I am always thinking. Those CFL bulbs are dangerous and are bad for you. I have had 2 of them given to me over the last few months and both of them lasted about a week, blowing up! Which cannot be safe plus have they have mercury in them.









The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)