Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 27, 2009

Convert A Truck Or Van Into A Camper!


I really like this idea for converting a mini van, truck, bus, etc into a camper so that there is a well stocked way to scram if you have to! This really is a great idea and is a much bigger way to have a 72 hour survival kit , but on wheels. All ready to go!!

We have a Chevy Astro van that we have been wanting to do something with. The poor thing is over 20 years old, but she has a new engine and has been going strong for the last 2 years that we have had her. I would love to make her into a camper so that we can go camping and for being prepared. I found this website that has tons of information on how to convert vans and trucks. I really like the ideas and tips. It should be pretty simple , even for me and my husband who both are not very handy. We can get by , but if it gets too detailed or elaborate - forget it! Our van is already set up with things in the back to give us electricity. I think that who had it first did a lot of camping , just not in the van. I have a fan hooked up in there now for the riders in the back because we do not have A/C!!

We were just talking about this and my husband said that this would be a great idea and that we should try and find a cheap second car so that we can outfit the mini van and have it always ready as a bug-out vehicle!!

Download our free toolbar

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)