Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

User Error (kerosene heater)

 Oh wow! Got woke up at about 2 am by the horrible strong smell of kerosene. It was below zero here wind chill so I had lit the heater yesterday morning. Hoping to just use it to get through the few days of frigid arctic blast. The smell scared me and I was tired so I turned it off. 

On waking up I did some googling and found out the reason it was starting to smell so bad of kerosene was because I had set it too low!! I am usually real good at using my heater. Have grown up around them and used them myself for the last 20 years. You have to find that happy medium on the Wick when you first set it. You can set it too high or too low. 

They really put out the heat so they are awesome when the wind chills fall. Just have to be safe with them. I have a huge kitchen and one part if just for the heater. Nothing sitting around it. 

Our local places that usually sell kerosene are out of it! Planning on this summer to buy it when ever I can to stockpile for next winter. 


0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)