Ads 468x60px

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Backup Heat!

 So glad that I had backup heating the last few days. My furnace went out a couple of weeks ago and it was not too cold - I just used my Duraflame Fireplace Stove Heater, and it was perfect for my small house. Not small enough to be a tiny house, but it is SMALL! It is the back half of a pole barn garage. So most of my house is garage. The last couple of days have been very cold. Teens overnight. So I had to bring in the Kerosene Heater. I always keep at least 10 gallons of kerosene on hand for emergencies. Really helped the last couple of days. I think that this winter so far has been mild, but when it does get too below freezing I want to have my kerosene heater so none of my pipes freeze. Hope to get my furnace looked at this summer. Might be cheaper to have it done then. I tried what I could on my own with the furnace, changed filters - new thermostat, and nothing worked. Still blowing out cold air. Luckily I had some backup. I still have a wood burning stove sitting out in my shed that my insurance said I could not put in. So that sucks. I need to go talk to them again. Was wondering if I could just put it in the garage? Hope.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)