Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Keep Drafts Out Of Your House...


I live in a little house that has a back room that is not too sealed. It actually has the back door in that room. Always cold. MY desk had to go by the door to that room because I had no room to put it any where else.
Sitting there the last 2 days I actually felt like my toes had frost bite. So I went to dollar general and got a 3.00 curtain rod, I got one that sticks out from the wall a bit so I can move the curtain easily whenever I need to open the door. I had 1 curtain panel that is a heavy one to put up there. Sitting here at my desk I already notice a huge difference.

You could even hang a thick blanket if you have one. Anything to cut down on drafts getting into your house and save on your power (heat) bill. I might keep it up all year and see if it helps with the power bill in the summer also.




As soon as I can I will be working on sealing that back room up and getting a new back door.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)