Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 23, 2015

Food Storage Recipe - Chicken Tacos


All of the ingredients for this simple recipe were bought at the Dollar store. Cheap, quick, and easy to make. Great for a very quick meal.

NEED:

2 big cans of chicken, dollar tree

1 can of diced tomatoes, dollar tree

1 package of taco seasoning, family dollar

1 can of black beans

1 package of taco shells

toppings - lettuce, cheese, etc

Open and drain the chicken, put in a saucepan.  Add the seasoning and the tomatoes. Warm up. Simmer for a few minutes.

In another smaller pan or a microwave safe bowl, warm up the black beans.

Warm up the taco shells in the oven.

Create your tacos!! I put the chicken mix, then the black beans, topped with cheese on ours. No lettuce in the house. But , really, no one likes the lettuce too much anyway. Today I am out of cheese, so I am having to use my Saratoga Farms nacho cheese sauce powder mix and poured it over the tacos. Still really good. Actually have been doing a pretty good job of eating well while snowed and iced in. About 8 days now. No one has complained yet, except for running out of candy. haha

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)