Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Unclog A Toilet!

Had a long night and morning. Our toilet was clogged up! Started last night at about 6 pm and I finally got it unclogged this morning at about 10 am. Whew.

I started out just using the plunger and that was doing NOTHING! So , I got onto google and found a easy way to unclog a toilet , but it still took all night and finally got unclogged this morning.

HOW TO UNCLOG WITHOUT A PLUNGER:

Bring a big pot of water to a boil.

Take it to the toilet and put some dish soap into the toilet, then pour the water into the toilet. This should work the soap down into the pipes and "move" the clog.

It took me about 12 pots of water total to get it unclogged, but it did work. Even after the first pour , the water was slowly going down. Finally this morning I poured a pot of boiling water in and it made a funny noise, Little Man said it sounded like a burp, and down it went. Flushed it to make sure and now it is working great again. Like it should.

I am so glad that I got this done without hubby here and without having to call a plumber!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

instead of soap, try ducolax or some other stool softening stuff...put in the toilet, let sit 20min to 2 hours, use a pot of hot water and plunge and away it goes..if it works on humans it'll work on a toilet.

Paige said...

Is it safe for septic tanks?

Bloggers said...

I'm not sure, Paige. I would look up to make sure if it is safe.






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)