Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Baking Powder Biscuits

I think that my families favorite breakfast has got to be biscuits and gravy.  I have refused to buy any package biscuits in a while since they have raised the price to over a dollar for one pack of them. Ridiculous!! Food prices are just going crazy. So, here is an easy and frugal recipe for making your own biscuits.

Baking Powder Biscuits

2 cups of flour

3 teaspoons of baking powder

1/2 teaspoon of salt

4 tablespoon of oil

2/3 cup of milk

Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add the oil and mix this until it is crumbly. Add the milk and mix until it is mixed together well. Put on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about a half inch thick. Cut them out with a round cookie cutter or glass - I had to use my heart cookie cutter because I couldn't find my biscuit one. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for about 12 - 15 minutes. 

We just ate ours with one of those package country mixes this time. Hubby is the master of making sausage and gravy and he wasn't home. 



 


2 comments:

Kathryn Rose said...

These were so delicious! Thank you! Would it be okay if I linked your site to mine?

Kathryn Rose

Bloggers said...

YES! You can link my site to yours. That would be awesome.






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)