Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Almost Instant Split Pea Soup


I love split pea soup, but hate how long it takes to cook it and wanted an easy way to make it. After making the Instant Refried Bean the other day I got to thinking about doing this to other items in my stockpile. I went onto Google and found this http://frugalabundance.com/gfcf/instant-split-pea-soup.htm and instantly had to do it. It was super easy. I took my bags of split peas and using my Magic Bullet I ground them up pretty quick. Now whenever I want some split pea soup it will be a quicker way to make them. Would be great for a survival situation also. Will not use as much cooking fuel to fix them I would think. Since it won't take as long to cook them. I have all of my Ham TVP bits that will work in this and dehydrated carrots and celery. All set to be able to make some awesome soup that has to a lot cheaper than buying the canned split pea soups. I am all about being frugal.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)