Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Food Storage Recipe - Mom's Skillet Goulash

This is a simple recipe that uses items that should be in your food storage. Shows you that it does not take a lot to be able to have a great meal that is frugal and taste great. You do not have to live on beans and rice when SHTF! It is also a quick recipe. I also try and show how you can use your freeze dried, dehydrated , and TVP items in all of my recipes that I post on this blog. ( Sorry about any photos I have put on here lately. I am having to use my camera phone and it is not too good.

 Mom's Skillet Goulash

2 2/3 cup of uncooked Rotini pasta

1 pound of ground beef  (or use your beef flavored TVP)

 1 chopped onion  (or use freeze dried chopped onions)

1 1/2 cup of chopped celery (or use your dehydrated celery)

  2 cans of diced tomatoes 

1 can of tomato soup 

1 teaspoon basil 

 salt and pepper  

Cook the pasta as directed on box. drain it well. Cook the ground beef, celery, onions, until beef is done and drain well. Stir in the pasta and the remaining ingredients. Heat to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. This is great served with bread and a salad.

  Free Solar Book

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)