Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 29, 2012

EMP Attack While Family Far Apart - What Too Do??


With my son down in Florida for Spring Break it has me wondering what would happen if there was an EMP attack. How would he survive and how would we be able to get to him? Needless to say , I have had some very scary thoughts going though my head the last couple of days. I am hoping that it would not be as bad as every says it would be. Some things I have read say that if it happened it would not take out as much as we think it would and then others say we would be back in the dark ages. So we need to prepare for the worst! Our car is a 2006 so it would most likely be done for. Cell phones would most likely not work. I have read Lights Out and it got pretty bad in that book. Florida is a 12 hour drive from where we are right now so how would we possibly get to our son when all that we could do is walk or ride bikes? I know some things to do to be prepared here at home , EMP Survival: :How to Prepare Now and Survive, When an Electromagnetic Pulse Destroys Our Power Grid and Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Stormsare great books that have some tips and information in it. I just do not want to think of what would happen if we were all separated from each other. Lucky enough, my husbands trucking stays within about 3-4 hours away from home on any given day. But, I guess the one thing that we all need to do is plan with our families on what we would do if we are far apart from each other. Not sure how too plan for it and what we could do about it, but we are going too have a family meeting when he gets home on Sunday!!!








The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)