Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Winterizing The House

Unfortunately, we have to spend another winter in this cracker box of a house. Which is much too small and too cold. So we have been trying to do some stuff to get it ready for winter. I spent the other day, which was way too warm and nice to be thinking about the cold of winter, wrapping the bottom of our small back deck with some black rubber stuff. My husband got it from his work - I think that it actually is supposed to be laid on the floor so that workers do not slip in factories. But anyway he got 10 of them and I put 3 of them around the bottom of our back porch/deck. To keep the wind out of the crawl space. We did not find out until this past spring that it was under there and does not shut up to well. So then we knew why the floor was always so cold. LOL
Next we got most of the windows in the house covered with plastic and I have new insulated curtains up in all of the bedrooms and living room.
Next weekend we are going to seal up the back door. We are going to try and do it between the screen and the door. That way we can still get out if we had too. Just rip the plastic off. But it will seal up the doors. A lot of air gets in our back door because the screen door does not seal up right.

MY WISH - the next house we get has a wood burning stove!



The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)