Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting Ready To Home School

I have been actually teaching our little one ever since he was born, but this year I have REALLY gotten serious about it. Been buying school books, writing paper, flash cards, chalk board, etc. Everything that a 4 year old should have to be home schooled. His birthday falls to late to be put into the Kindergarten here. Which I am really glad about. I planned on home schooling him even when I was pregnant with him. I home schooled his older brother and sister, and they are doing great. My daughter graduates college this year and my son graduates high school this year. So I must have done something ok. You just have to know that every child learns in a different manner. My daughter had to be shown, but my son had to listen and hear the stuff. My little one now has taken to number very quickly - counting , adding , subtracting like crazy, but he is having trouble with letters and writing. Not sure why. Trying to figure it out so that he can learn them better. He knows his ABC's , but has not taken to letters like he did numbers. Maybe he will grow up to own a bank. LOL Just takes time to home school. It is not easy, it is truly a a labor of love.
It does not have to cost a lot of money either. There are many low-cost courses online for assistance, but if your more traditional, you can use the library". You can find other home schooling families in your area and share items. I have also gotten a lot of home schooling books at thrift stores. It can be a low cost thing to home school, if you use your head.

Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)