Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 18, 2010

Homemade Cough & Cold Remedy

It is getting to be that time of year again where everyone in our house is sniffing and coughing and just plain miserable. I have decided that this year I will tryout some home remedies. I will share some of the recipes with my readers of this blog.

Here is the first one:

Ginger Tea

* 1 inch or so fresh ginger root, sliced thin or grated
* 1/2 a fresh lemon, sliced (peel & all)
* 1 clove garlic, mashed
* ~2 c water
* Very generous spoonful honey

Place water, ginger, lemon, & garlic in saucepan; bring to boil, then turn down heat and simmer gently for 20 min. Strain into mugs and add lots of honey. The tea will get stronger if you let it sit! Most invigorating!

The garlic adds a bit of bitterness, but the honey masks that. This tea is very soothing to the throat and warms and opens the chest and nasal passages. Plus there are a lot of those vitamins and other good things! Make this tea at the first sign of a cold. It is a lot more effective than the commercial hot lemon remedies, and of course cheaper!
Download our free toolbar

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)