Ads 468x60px

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping

This is a great way to save some money. Plan your meals for the week and make a list for the grocery store. Actually stick to the list. When you are at the grocery look for store brand items , they can save you quite a bit. Always check the meat-sales. Our local grocery store puts the meat from that day in a "meat-sale" section and you can get some great bargains there. The meat is always just from that day and never out of date. They just do not like their meat to carry over to the next day so they mark it down. I can get ground chuck family packs for $2.50!! Steaks are usually $.99 and big roast are always $3.00!!!! Our freezer is always full. If you have to buy name brand ,than always try to use coupons or buy the item on sale. When they have something on sale that you are always using ,STOCK UP!! Like ,for example, the grocery store has tomato juice (that I always use for soups) on sale for $.89 when it is usually $1.09, so I bought the limit of 4 cans !! Now I have it on hand and saved money! You can sometimes get some great deals on closeouts. I got 5 things of Suave Deoderant that was once $1.99 for $.88 each because it was a closeout that they were not going to be carrying anymore. If you really take your time , leave the kids at home, and stick to a meal planning list ,you can save a lot of money at the grocery store.Download our free toolbar

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)