Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Start Your Stockpile Of Food!!


When I decided that I wanted to start stockpiling food for my family, I started out with the basics - or what some people call The Staples. I started out with buying extra flour, sugar, rice, pastas, and other items! I put these back - storing them for when we might need them. I also like to get extra stuff that I might need for baking stuff, like baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, oatmeal, and cornmeal. It is not hard to do this. Watch for it to be on sale and snatch as much as you can without cutting into your food budget for the week. If you do a lot of baking you might want to make sure you have everything that you would need to bake bread. I get whole wheat flour and yeast.
Other staples that your family might use are ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, and beans of all kinds!! Beans can be a life saver in any time of survival. Later on in this blog I will tell how you can make them with a solar cooker, that way if you have no power , you will still have good food.

REMEMBER THIS TIP FOR STOCKPILING: When something that you use a lot of is on sale buy as much as you can without taking from your grocery budget and stick the extras back and always be on the lookout for buy one get one free deals and stick the free one back in the stockpile!!

More later on about other items you will have to stockpile!!!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)