Had To Get A New Washing Machine | Prepared For Survival - Food Storage & Preparedness

Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 21, 2026

Had To Get A New Washing Machine

 

My washing machine quit on me a few weeks ago and right now there is no way that I can go buy a new one. I plan on taking all of my blankets and towels to the laundry mat in a few days and just use this off-grid "washing machine" until I can save up money for a new washing machine. Maybe. I might just keep going with it...

It is a bucket from Lowes and a plunger from the dollar tree. Although my son said I should use a bigger tote. So more can fit in it. Not sure. Bigger tote would mean more water and be heavier. I have used this type of washer before and it does ok. It has been a few years since. I was healthier and younger then. 

Lets see how this goes. I know it will wash the clothes and then I can hang them up to dry, but I just worry about my back! LOL

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)