Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Food Storage Recipe - Split Pea Soup

IT IS COOKING!!
I know it is probably too warm to make this kind of soup, but I need some comfort food right now. This is my favorite soup and I can make a big pot of this and it will last me a couple of days. I am the only one in the house that likes it.

This morning I was looking for something in my pantry and I found 1 bag of dried split peas and 1 small can of ham!

I don't really measure anything. I put the chopped onion, chopped carrots, chopped up ham, and some seasoning in a big soup pot with a tiny bit of bacon grease. Saute it all until the onions are done - a few minutes.

Add the cleaned dried split peas and ( I usually use chicken broth) but, today I am just using water and a packet of Goya Ham flavoring. Also add salt and pepper.

Let it all cook until the split peas are tender. Eat. You can smash it all up if you want. To make it creamy. I just eat it like it is.







0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)