Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 12, 2016

Homemade Faraday Cage



Prep for this week - Make a faraday cage. 
Went to the hardware store and bought the largest galvanized metal trash can they had. I can already see that I should get a second one next week. 

Wrap everything up with aluminum foil before you place into the can and I am going to line it with cardboard. I have a ton of cardboard from boxes for shipping items. I also have a lot of those Antistatic Bags that I want to place as much as I can into. I have 20 of these. Place the lid on the can real tight and set it off to the side somewhere that won't get bothered. 

Place all of your items in that you can that you will need if something happens and all other things are toast. Like, radios, walkies, handheld scanners, solar chargers, etc.

I am also getting the items together to make a "box" to roll the generator into. galvanized sheeting and wood to make it. Like the wood in and out with the metal sheeting. Hope that would work.

2 comments:

Scott Pi said...

So, they come in two sizes. You buy a big and a smaller. Take the big, put cardboard in the bottom and around the inner sides. Drop in the smaller. Super protected. Put all your stuff in the smaller. Line the lip of the bigger with steel wool, if you want the lid seal to be perfect.

Bloggers said...

Oh, wow, that is a great way to do it. Thank you for sharing!






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)