Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Food Storage Recipe - Bacon Gravy

We eat a lot of gravy in our house. Whether it is from packets, jars , or homemade. We love gravy. This is one that my Grandmother used to make all of the time and it is still a favorite in our home.

Bacon Gravy

NEED:

Bacon

About 2 tablespoons of bacon grease

2 tablespoons of flour

2 cups of milk

salt and pepper

Cook up your bacon to the point to where it is done , but not too crispy.

Remove it and drain it. Set it aside and leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet.

Add the flour to the grease and whisk it together. Cook this for about a minute. DO NOT BURN THE FLOUR!

Add the milk and whisk it together.

Crumble up the bacon and add it with salt and pepper to the gravy and cook it until it gets to desired consistency.

Serve it over biscuits or toast.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)