Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Prepare Your Vehicle

Now that our car is paid off and we own it, we are seriously outfitting it for if we have to bug-out or get stuck out somewhere. Like, during a winter storm, etc. We now have 2 rubber made totes in the trunk that are not too heavy. We put camping gear in them , ways to cook, food items, power bars, and some other items that our family will need in a situation like that. Even if we are just out and decide to go camping we can. Our family lives right by a state park and sometimes when we go visit them we camp there and have cookouts. Tons of fun. Now we are prepared for anything. But, if you are going on a trip there are some things that you should do to prepare your vehicle:

Make sure the gas tank is full before you set out.

Check all of the other fluids in the car.

Have a bug-out bag type thing in your trunk.

Keep a took kit and small shovel.

Have a flashlight and the batteries that it needs.

Road flares and a good item to have too if you have car trouble they could really come in handy.

A first aid kit.

I have just put some rope and bungee cords in our trunk and we all wear paracord bracelets. My oldest son even has his shoes tied with paracord. Pretty good idea. Always has them on hand ( or foot.)

Since this winter has bee so bad , I also have a bag of kitty litter in my trunk. It has really helped me a few times. I am on my second bag. It really helps when you are stuck on the ice and need something for traction. I don't even want to think about how much it would have cost me to get a tow. Thank God I had the idea to keep that bag of kitty litter in the trunk.

Some personal hygiene items would be a good idea to have on hand also.

You never know what might happen. Be prepared for ANYTHING!!!!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)