Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3 Things done out of 1 celery bunch!

 
WOW! I actually did 3 things with my bunch of celery.
 
First thing was , we took some of the stems and did a science experiment with them. Put them in different colors of food coloring. Teach the Little Man how water moves through plants. He can actually see the water go up into the plant.
 
Second thing that I did was take all of the celery and slice it up. Put it into my food dehydrator. More dehydrated celery to add to my jar for soups. Yummy.
 
The bottom I put into a small cup of water to get it to start. The one of the right I had done about a week ago and it is starting to grow. This Friday have to go and get some bags of potting soil and get some pots. One of these I am going to keep indoors to see how it does and if it can even be grown indoors. Just to see. I would really love to be able to grow a lot of items indoors in case something happens and going outdoors in not an option. We would still have the fresh veggies and herbs growing for us to eat.  

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)