Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 14, 2014

Food storage recipe - baked beans

Baked beans

Need:

2 cups of dried navy beans

A few slices of bacon

1 tablespoon of brown sugar

1/3 cup of molasses

1 teaspoon of dry mustard

5 tablespoon of ketchup

Soak the beans overnight and then drain and rinse them. Cook them in water until they are tender. Pour out the water into a bowl and set aside. Fry the bacon and add to the beans along with alk of the other ingredients. Add enough of the water you set aside to just cover the beans. Bake slowly in an oven that is set at 250 degrees for about 3 hours.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)