Ads 468x60px

Monday, December 16, 2013

Prevent Electrical Fires

Winter time, it is cold and a lot of us pull out electric heaters. Our house has one bedroom that will not get warm at all. So, my son has to use a electric heater in there. I worry about it all of the time. We make sure it is unplugged when he isn't in there. Here are some other tips to help you stay safe.

Never overload a electrical receptacle with extension cords or adaptors to make it a three-way. If you need to plug in more items to a certain receptacle, use a power surge strip.

Never run the cords under carpets or rugs.

Never use an extension cord for a major appliance or any heat producing appliance.

Don't use a bulb that has more wattage than a lamp is rated to use. It can overheat.

Call an electrician if your lights flicker, if appliances run sluggishly, or you have a fuse that repeatedly blows or a breaker that trips often. Could be a sign of the system being overloaded.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)