Ads 468x60px

Monday, March 4, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Potato Soup Mix

This is a great recipe that you can mix together and store up in mason jars. Always have it on hand in your pantry.

Potato Soup Mix

1 1/2 cup instant potato flakes

1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer

1 package chicken gravy mix

2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

2 teaspoon seasoning blend ...like Mrs Dash

1teaspoon dried minced onion

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 1/2 cup instant potato flakes

1/2 cup  powdered coffee creamer

Layer each item in the order listed into a wide mouth one quart canning jar. Pack each layer before adding the next. 

To make add the whole jar to 8 cups of boiling water. Mix well and let sit until it thickens. Serve

2 comments:

Megan said...

That looks good! How long will it take before it goes bad?

Bloggers said...

I'm not sure on the dry mix. It never stays in our house for very long. I would think since it is all dehydratated items in the jar that if it is sealed right it would last quite a while.






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)