Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Homemade "Ice Cream"

I am always trying to find things for my kids to eat for snacks that are so "junky", like chips etc. I was given this recipe a while ago. I cannot remember where I got it from , but my Little Man loves it!

Homemade "Ice Cream"

A few bananas that are a bit overripe - not too overripe

2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter


2 teaspoon of cocoa powder

Peel your bananas and slice them up. Put them in the freezer until they are frozen. Put them into a food processor and pulse them until they turn into mush. You will need to push the sides down to get the bananas down and keep them pulsing. After a few minutes of scraping the sides down and pulsing the bananas should have a creamy texture. When they look like whipped ice cream you can add the peanut butter and cocoa. You could also add anything else that your family likes ~ berries, chocolate chips, etc. This is like soft serve ice cream. You can freeze it for a few minutes to get a firmer texture. But we find that the soft serve is great.


0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)