Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Food Storage Recipe - Your Dog's Favorite Treat

You have to make stuff for your doggies also!! Show them you love them and make them some homemade treats. They will love them. This is the recipe that I used for my rottie and shepherd! They wouldn't eat any other treat.

Your Dog's Favorite Treat

1 cup oatmeal

1/3 cup butter

1 teaspoon beef boullion granules

1/2 cup hot water

3/4 cup powdered milk

3/4 cup cornmeal

1 beaten egg

3 cups whole wheat flour

Combine the oatmeal, butter, and boullion in a large bowl. Pour the hot water over this and let it stand for about 5 minutes. Stir in the powdered milk, cornmeal, and the egg. Add the flour slowly - about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix it well after each time of you adding the flour. Knead this for a few minutes and add more flour if you need too make this a very stiff dough. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake them at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Allow them to cool all of the way and to dry out til they are hard. Store in a cool and dry place. 

 

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)