Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Get Prepared For Nuclear Radiation Accident

We all should learn as much as we can about how to survive a nuclear power plant accident. There have been way too many of them this past week.

Here are some books to add to your survival library:

U.S. Armed Forces Nuclear, Biological And Chemical Survival Manual

Idaho Falls: The Untold Story of America's First Nuclear Accident

Nuclear War Survival Skills, Updated and Expanded Edition

2011 Complete Guide to Nuclear Power Plant Accidents, Meltdowns, and Radiation Emergencies: Practical, Authoritative Information on Health Effects and Treatment, Radioactive Decontamination

Radiation

Handbook of Radiation Effects



Some other items to get:

Radiation Alert MONITOR4 Analog-Based Ionizing Radiation Detector

NukAlert™ nuclear radiation detector / monitor (keychain attachable) alarm

iOSAT Potassium Iodide Tablets, 130 mg (14 Tablets)

Radiation Alert INSPECTOR Microprocessor-Based Ionizing Radiation Detector

You should already have a safe room set up with food and supplies in it. Have plenty of duct tape, gas mask, and more. Have a room that can be sealed up good. Hopefully you have one that has no windows so that all you have to seal up is the door and any vents. Also make sure you have boredom busters in the room. My grandparents had a HUGE basement in their house and half of it was underground and not under the house. So my grandpa put up a thick wall that he built! Put up paneling and hid a door into that with the paneling over it. No one even knew it was there. I did not even find out about it until I had lived with them for a few weeks one summer. He had it equipped with EVERYTHING. Even had a ping pong table in there. But , it was a great place to have been shut up in for any length of time.

I always watch to see if the people who bought that house after my granpa died and my grandma got put into a nursing home ever put it up for sale. They have not yet. :( But, I keep watching.












The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)