Ads 468x60px

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Food Storage Recipe - rice casserole


A friend of mine gave me this recipe about 22 years ago. I was newly single with a toddler and not much money and she was always giving me recipes that were low cost, healthy , and easy.

This one turned out to be one of my favorite and it is made with things that I always have on hand.

Rice Casserole ( that is always just what I called it)

1 can of chili beans ( DO NOT DRAIN !!)
some frozen broccoli ( I always get those small boxes of frozen chopped broccoli to use in this recipe and it is cheap!)
about a cup of instant rice
Velveeta cheese cut up into cubes ( I use the store brand cheese. I am too much of a tightwad to buy the Velveeta!)

Put all of this into a pyrex baking dish mixed well, cover with foil , and bake until the rice in tender.


That is it.

Easy and frugal!! LOVE IT!!

I did not have any instant rice last night so I had to cook up 1/2 a cup of rice to add to this.

Family Feasts for $75 a Week: A Penny-wise Mom Shares Her Recipe for Cutting Hundreds from Your Monthly Food Bill


The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)