Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cooked with Beef TVP

I finally tried out the beef flavored tvp. I fixed a taco hambuger helper. First thing that you have to do is mesure out 2/3 cup of water and bring that to a boil, then you add 2/3 cup of the tvp to that and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. It will soak up all of the water. Then you can add it to whatever you need it in. I thought that it was good. I could not really tell a difference in the taste or texture of the hamburger helper. My kids did not know at all. Cleaned their plates. The only thing I will say - my youngest, 5 years old, has a weak stomach anyway and he got a tummy ache from dinner. He has had that taco dinner before with no problems so it might be an allergic reaction to the tvp?? Not sure yet, will test some things out to see. But other than that it turned out well. I was really surprised at how well it cooked up and tasted.
The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)