Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 16, 2010

Thrift Stores = Saving Money

This is a great way to save money. If you have kids than you know how fast they grow and how expensive their clothes can be. I shop at thrift stores for most of my kids clothing. I can get name-brand clothing at next to nothing prices. They have more clothes to wear because of this!! For the price of 1 pair of jeans I can go to a thrift store and get my kids a few outfits and the accessories. You will have to hunt in the store for the good stuff and make sure you look the items over really good. Check the zippers and buttons. Although I did buy my hubby a Christian Dior dress shirt for a $1.00 that had a button missing because I knew I could go home and sew one on!!!! Now I have a new baby and if it was not for thrift stores he would be naked right now! Also when I was pregnant I got all of my maternity clothes at thrift stores and then resold it on ebay and made 3 times more than what I bought it for! Some people even make a business out of thrift stores - go to them and buy high end items for next to nothing and resell it on ebay! You can even get others items at thrift stores that can save you money. I got some awesome shelves last year. They are very old and I got them for $5.00 each. They are worth a lot more than that. If you really look you can get some great antiques at thrift stores.
Thrift Stores also came in handy when I was homeschooling my kids. You can always find textbooks ,workbooks, and more at thrift stores that you might need for teaching. I bought a chemistry kit one year for only $2.00!! A lot less than if I had bought it new and it did not have anything missing.

Great for back to school shopping!!

Download our free toolbar

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)