Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Instant Refried Beans - DIY

 We use a lot of refried beans in our house. Always having to buy tons of cans and restocking the stockpile is getting old. The other day I was looking for an easy fix online and I think that I found one at http://www.budget101.com/side-dish-mixes/instant-refried-beans-mix-1479.html!
Really easy. I think it took me about 10 minutes to do a whole bag of pinto beans and get them all jarred up! Grind them up into a powder in my Magic Bullet - you can use coffee grinder or blender also. The only thing that I did different was instead of using the seasonings listed in the recipe - I had to use taco seasoning. Which seemed to work fine. I have some more pinto beans that I am going to do this with later. Today is a busy day so have to wait til have more time. Also I am planning on doing a Almost instant split pea soup mix also. Being able to cook good food quickly is a huge plus.

0 comments:






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)